Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Inauguration of President Barack Obama


















January 20, 2009

Dear Vey and Jacqueline,

How are you? Thank you very much for sending the beautiful photos of the children, and for this update. I forwarded the thank you note to all of the donors who had contributed to those shipments.

Seeing the photos of the children was one of the most touching moments of my week. It is so gratifying for me and for other donors to see them actually getting to enjoy things we've sent. Thank you for taking the effort to send the photos.

I just shipped another box this afternoon (I'm calling it box 7 on the outside for my own record keeping purposes).

Among the donations it includes a special present commemorating that today is Inauguration Day for President Barack Obama. I bought a new children's book about his life story and wrote an inscription. This is such an amazing time of positive change and hope in the United States for this president who we are so excited to see in office.

Thank you for sending updates about the children, and for continuing to communicate when the donations arrive. Closing that communication loop really does make all the difference for the dozens of people who are contributing help.

All my best,

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment