Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Greetings From Students Thei and Srey Peak

November 18, 2008

Hi, Vey!

How are you? Thank you very much for sending the update about the new classroom construction. That is very exciting news! Will the school be able to accommodate more students with the new classroom or is to spread out the existing students? How many students total are at Elma?

Thank you also for the update about Rithy and the Angkor Hospital for Children. It's always great to know where help is needed. You never know when the right person or resources might be available.

Please say "hi" to Thei and Srey Peak for me. I cherish my experiences with all of the children and especially the little girls I photographed in front of the school. That is so sweet that they remember me.

I think about them all of the time. It is their beautiful faces and eyes that have truly been the image representing Cambodian children to my family and friends at home and around the world. I would love to receive a message from them someday in English.

I hope that this most recent box of books arrives alright. I have many more donations of books, clothes and school supplies at home. When I can afford the shipping to send another box, I'll let you know when it's enroute.

For my birthday, I told my family that I don't need anything new for myself. I asked my family to give me more donations of books and clothes for the ELMA students for my upcoming birthday and Christmas presents.

All my best,

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment