Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Birthday Karma and Christmas | Thanks to the Lau Clan

November 25, 2008

As my birthday approached, I meditated on what the past year had been like, where I was headed the following year, and how I wanted to celebrate my life's journey.

Considering how meaningful the work with the Cambodian children has been, and that I didn't want my family spending money on me, I asked for them to help with the Cambodian Children's Book Project in lieu of traditional material presents.

That meant anything from actually making book, clothing and school supply donations to helping with research, logistics and organizing the project.

My family's overwhelming support and enthusiasm was a wonderful display of love. Infinite gratitude to the Lau clan: Alliey, Cathy, Eric, Grace and Marcia, May Young, and Anthony and Holly Haraguchi. For my birthday and for Christmas, they showered me in children's and teenage clothing donations, children's and young adult books and school supplies.

Grace also generously paid for the carbon offset for my long distance travel to and within Southeast Asia. www.carbonfund.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment