Monday, January 24, 2011

Leah Lau Wins 2010 Schwab Outstanding Community Service Award

Dear family and friends,

I was stunned to walk into the office this morning to a wall of congratulatory emails: I won Schwab's 2010 Outstanding Community Service Award. Only one is awarded per year for community service outside of the firm, and one is awarded per year for finance related community service.

Following my 2009 nomination, for 2010, lightening struck. =) We featured my current philanthropy founding the Cambodian Children's Book Project, my service on the board of the UCSF AIDS Health Project and my year-round work on Art for AIDS, its premier annual fundraiser.

This award, which comes with a $2,500 donation to a charity that I've volunteered with (details still being sorted with the Schwab Foundation), is one of the most amazing things to ever happen to me. It is an honor and milestone that helps celebrate the volunteerism I've been dedicated to since I was 17.

Thank you all for being such a loving part of my community. I am grateful for your presence every day.

Love,

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment