Monday, July 28, 2008

Preparing Photos of the Cambodian Children: A Lau Family Event!

















July 28, 2008

E-mail from Vey Lav

Dear Leah,

Thank you very much for your quick response and preparing some photos for our young kids. I am going to say "hi" to them and let them know you are thinking of them too.

Every body still remembers speaking with you. They have left very nice hand written letters in English at the library. Some of the letters will be sent in to the school web page for next generations and motivate others.

All the best,

Vey


July 28, 2008

Hi, Vey!

How are you? Thank you very much for your kind update. I love to hear how the children are doing.

I think about them all of the time, and am happy to report that, with my loving and talented family's support, we were able to finish turning the best film photos into digital versions today.

My siblings, Alliey and Eric Lau scanned them for me, with logistical support from my sisters Cathy and Grace Lau, and my brother-in-law, Anthony Haraguchi—a real family event! We worked together to save them in digital format. The photos turned out beautifully, especially the ones of the young children outside.

The next step is for me to have them uploaded to my Web site. My designer, Olivier D'Arceaux (http://www.odxcreative.com), was kind enough to donate the build time. Once the photos are ready for you to see, I'll send you the finished Web page (August 25, 2008 update. The link is live: www.leahlau.com/cambodianchildren).

Please say "hi" to the children for me, and tell the younger ones that their photos turned out beautifully and that I'll be sharing with you soon.

Thanks again for looking out for the books. Hopefully, they will arrive at for Rithy at the Angkor Hospital for Children soon.

All my best,

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment